Search This Blog

Feb 24, 2010

Why The Ladies Make Me Cry

In what will undoubtedly be one of my shortest blogs going forward, I would be negligent in my duties as an internet blogger if I didn't acknowledge the awe-inspiring performance of Joannie Rochette last night in the ladies' short program. We all know her heartbreaking story. Needless to say that I was moved by her performance. Not only did she somehow gather the strength to compete yesterday just two days after the passing of her mother, but she mustered all of her focus and energy to skate flawlessly. Whether or not she wins a medal is irrelevant at this point. What she has done embodies the spirit of the Olympics. Her skate yesterday should be the story of these games. Congratulations Joannie on being a true Olympic Champion!

Olympic Winter Games - Joannie Rochette competes in the Ladies Short Program despite the death of her mother

No comments:

Post a Comment